Hawaii Kai, Portlock, Koko Kai, Nawiliwili

Hawaiʻi Kai is a residential neighborhood located in East Honolulu. Hawaiʻi Kai is the largest of several communities at the eastern end of the island. The area was largely developed by Henry Kaiser around the ancient Maunalua fishpond and wetlands area known as Kuapā (meaning "fishpond wall"). The Hawaiʻi Kai or Koko Marina was dredged from Kuapā Pond beginning around 1959. Dredging transformed the shallow coastal inlet and wetlands into a popular boating marina. In 1961, the 521 acre fishpond was developed into a residential neighborhood with a marina and channels separated by fingers of land and islands upon which house lots and commercial properties were be laid out. Nearly all of the low-lying lands surrounding the marina have been developed, and neighborhoods now extend back into the several valleys and up the separating ridges.

Based on information from the Multiple Listing Service of Hicentral MLS, Ltd. Listings last updated on Jul 5, 2020 6:51:am. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright: 2020 by HiCentral MLS, Ltd.

Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice

Hawaii Information Service listings last updated Jul 5, 2020 6:39:am.